The Litera Annual M&A Report analyzes the past year. It was a year of two halves, with the second half indicating a rebound after the initial uncertainty of the global pandemic. Momentum has continued well into 2021 despite significant change and disruption to all industries and across society.
The Report, powered by PitchBook data, concludes that the current M&A market is very competitive due to several factors: low interest rates, a stock market rebound, and stockpiles of private capital – all of which increase pressure and transaction risk levels for corporate lawyers.
There is significant pressure to get deals over the finish line, but dealmakers need to be mindful of the risk of overpaying.
Download the report for insights and trends on:
- What is driving the recovery?
- What can dealmakers expect during the next 12 months?
- M&A buyers' and sellers' priorities and motivations going forward
- Median deal sizes in 2020 and comparisons with 2021
- What’s going on with valuation figures?